The Arbutus Club, one of Canada’s finest Private Family Clubs, is hiring a MONTESSORI PRESCHOOL TEACHER for our Children’s Centre. This is a permanent position which could lead to more hours.
We offer numerous recreational and school prep Children’s Programs for children ages 2yrs to 5yrs. We are seeking an Early Childhood Educator with Montessori experience to deliver high-quality, creative and age- appropriate programs based on The Arbutus Club Children’s Centre standards. This educator would establish respectful relationships with both the Members and Staff, as well as maintain regular attendance, punctuality and comply with The Arbutus Club Staff policies.
- teaching a Montessori/Preschool curriculum for ages 3 – 5 yrs
- preparing materials for the class
- class set-up and clean-up
- maintaining student records
- building rapport with the children and Members; and
- attending Staff professional development meetings.
- A valid Montessori Diploma
- A valid ECE Certificate
- A valid First Aid Certificate, an asset
- Have a desire to work in a creative classroom that encompasses both Montessori and play-based activities
- Are required to complete a Criminal Record Check.
March 30th, 2018
June 30th, 2018 with opportunity for extension
Monday to Thursday 8:30am -12:30pm
$20.50 up, depending on experience
Applicants may submit a Résumé, with a Cover Letter, referring to MONTESSORI PRESCHOOL EDUCATOR position to:
The Arbutus Club
c/o Human Resources Manager
2001 Nanton Avenue
Vancouver, B.C. V6J 4A1
Visit our Web site at www.arbutusclub.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in The Club; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.